Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Supporting communities with conducting assessments that are rooted in the Indigenous worldview and reflective of best practice principles of Impact Assessment.
- Supporting communities with conducting psycho-social, cultural, spiritual, and social impact assessments to understand project impacts more holistically.
- Using tools such as mapping, videography, and other creative media to better inform decision-making.
- Supporting communities with building community-based long-term visions and identifying economic development goals and mechanisms to achieve those.
- Assisting communities with land use planning, developing consultation and engagement protocols, corporate governance structures, and training and development needs.
- Identifying and leveraging funding to support various planning initiatives.
Traditional Land Use Studies
- Working under the guidance of the elders, conducting archival and oral history research to document historical and current land use to support various development files.
- Mapping, videography, art, and curriculum support so communities can promote inter-generational learning.
- Identifying and leveraging funding sources to support and streamline studies.
- Supporting the design and implementation of capacity building programs in mining and resource development, land use planning, community engagement, and project coordination.
- Offering training workshops in Indigenous engagement, cultural awareness, impact assessment, and conflict transformation.
- Conducting guest lectures and workshops, and offering keynote addresses on Free, Prior, and Informed Consent, Impact Assessment, Engagement, and Professional Development in the planning sector.
- Identifying and leveraging funding to support capacity building and training initiatives.
- Acting as lead negotiators on Process Agreements, Resource-sharing Agreements, Relationship Agreements, or Impact-benefit Agreements that allow for mutually agreeable benefits to be realized.
- Compiling technical information to support negotiations or advising on negotiations.
- Providing for ongoing mentorship and capacity building so communities can apply the processes and mechanisms on other active files.
- Identifying and leveraging funding to support and streamline existing negotiations.